The Kazan Icon of the Mother of God, named the Yaroslavsk
Commemorated on July 8
The Kazan Icon of
the Mother of God, named the Yaroslavsk, was found in the year 1588 in a
journey to Kazan by Gerasim, whose hand had become crippled. The Mother of God,
appearing to him, gave orders at a directed place to take up Her icon,
transport it to the city of Romanov, and put it within a church. The invalid
fulfilled these directions precisely and his hand was healed.
© 1996-2001 by translator Fr. S. Janos.